FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions

How do I run for public office?

Candidates for local office must fulfill the following requirements: (1) be citizens of the United States, (2) registered voters, (3) live within Mt. Shasta city limits, and (4) be 18 years of age or older.

Citizens interested in becoming City Council, City Clerk, or City Treasurer candidates will need to obtain nomination papers from the Mt. Shasta Deputy City Clerk or Siskiyou County Clerk.  You may contact the Mt. Shasta Deputy City Clerk at 530-926-7516.